Sound doctrine is a rare thing in the world of print and other media outlets—including the Internet. Therefore, with a heavy burden for the lost and a sincere desire to speak the truth on serious topics that we’re facing in the Christian community, the Delivered By Grace (DBG) blog was launched in 2005 under another name through a blogger account. A couple of years later, the website was reorganized under the DBG heading in 2007. This blog is designed to be a resource for preachers, teachers, and laypersons in the local church. This site also serves as a place to discuss important theological topics – because doctrine matters.
John MacArthur, in a Grace to You newsletter in August of 2007 said:
Doctrine matters. What you believe about God, the gospel, the nature of man, and every major truth addressed in Scripture filters down to every area of your life. You and I will never rise above our view of God and our understanding of His Word.
Who Is Pastor Josh Buice?
I am serving as the lead pastor of Pray’s Mill Baptist Church located in Douglasville, Georgia—just west of Atlanta. I am married to my wife Kari and we have four children (Karis, John Mark, Kalli, and Judson). I earned my M.Div. and D.Min. in expository preaching from the school of theology at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
I am the founder and director of the G3 Conference—a theology conference that was birthed from the life of our local church and is held each January in Atlanta with the goal of serving the body of Christ with media to encourage, equip, and educate in sound biblical truth. I am also the editor of The New Calvinism, a book designed to compliment and critique the New Calvinism movement.
My wife and I grew up as children in Pray’s Mill and we don’t remember the first time we actually met. Following college, we married and pursued God’s call on our lives for the gospel ministry. We moved to Louisville where I attended The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. During my seminary years, I served as a pastor in Kentucky. After graduation, I served a church in middle Tennessee (McMinnville, TN) before accepting a call to return home to serve Pray’s Mill Baptist Church.
It is my desire through this blog to grow closer to my God, become a better writer and communicator, converse with other Christians about important theological subjects, and to prompt other preachers and teachers to excel in sound biblical doctrine. I hope the DBG blog is beneficial to you.
Pastor Josh Buice
DBG Terms of Agreement
1. The Delivered By Grace website is not a debate site. Feel free to post your comments and involve yourself in the discussions, but make sure that all comments are posted in a manner that honors God. If disagreements occur on specific issues, the parties involved should communicate in a respectful way in order to honor God.
2. Absolutely no advertisement links should be posted. The DBG site is not an open forum to advertise other sites or products.
3. As of 6-23-08, a three strike rule will be applied to all users of the DBG site. If a person cannot communicate in a manner that is both respectful to God and others on the site, that specific person will be warned. After three warnings, the person will be banned from posting comments on the DBG website.
4. Individuals from specific churches should refrain from carrying out “family” disagreements on the DBG site. The DBG site is not the place to hash out the business that pertains to specific local churches. That should be carried out in person – not through the internet.
Tell others about DBG
Spreading the word across the internet is the most effective way of telling others about spiritually profitable websites. Below are several ways you can tell others about DBG – Delivered By Grace.
1. E-mail Link: Notice that each page and blog post has an e-mail link at the bottom. By clicking on that link, a form will appear which will allow you to send that specific page to your friends. It allows you to send the same message to five people at one time.
2. Text Link: You can tell others about Delivered By Grace by putting a text link on your website or blog.
3. Twitter.com: Josh Buice can be found here on Twitter.com
4. Facebook.com: Josh Buice can be found here on Facebook.com
Schedule Pastor Josh Buice for a speaking engagement
Pastor Josh Buice serves as the pastor of Pray’s Mill Baptist Church in Douglasville, Ga. Although his first obligation in ministry is to the people that God has called him to pastor, he is also available as a guest speaker for conferences throughout the year. Contact him through the contact form on this website or call the church office – 770-942-6597. Explain the purpose of the event and he will submit the request to his elders for approval.